Sophie's Mom Has Got It Going On

The misadventures of Sophie, her mom, and dad.

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Yellowjackets, ants and dentists, oh my!

It's been an interesting week here..and it's only Wednesday morning. The apartment community where we live in being overrun by ants...yuck. Yesterday I had the teethcleaning appointment from hell. Yup I am one of those people that HATE going to the dentist. Honestly? It scares me to go. Very grown up of me I know. My sister took my 7 year old Bailey and got her ears pierced. Not too thrilled on that one but she loves them so I feel bad telling her she would have to take them out. And now for the straw that has broken the camel's back...
We have yellowjackets. Not just outside. INSIDE. MY. HOUSE. Now until 2 days ago, I managed to live for 29 years without ever being stung by a bee. I got stung 4 times. Maybe I'm a wimp but I found this quite painful. Not to mention the fact it gave me hives and made me sick. So, I'm really pissed at our apartment complex's maintenence man, because after I did some research on the soldiers from hell, I informed him that I know where they are getting into the house and that I think they are in the walls. He proceeded to tell me they can't be in the walls, they don't do that. SUREEEEEEEEEEE they don't. I don't care what he thinks, as long as the exterminator that is coming tomorrow gets rid of them.
My biggest fear in all this is that Sophie will get stung. Sh'es just shy of 4 months old and that so does not need to be happening. And if it does, they will find out there is no wrath like a mommy scorned. My other fear is that they really are in the walls, and they're going to need to knock open the walls to get to them. Now don't get me wrong, I really want these things gone. But I'm concerned about our track record with this house.
When we moved here in November there was a hole in our ceiling. There still is. Not a complete hole like before, but they half-ass patched it and said they would come back to fix it. I ask about it a lot...and have been told once a month that they need to order a finishing brush. I am beyond tempted to go to Lowe's and buy one for them just so they will fix my damn ceiling.
Now...if they have to get into our walls to treat them, I'm betting I won't have complete walls until 2 years from now. And NO I don't plan on living here at that time. If we had the money to do it, we would break our lease and find a new place...quite happily too. Also, where are we going to go while they are tearing up my walls and killing hordes of satan's soldiers? There is no room at my mom's house. And my gramma would probably drive us all insane if we went there to stay for a while. Maybe they could put us up in a local hotel while they're doing it. Doubtful, but a girl can dream.
I love my townhouse for the most part. I like my immediate neighbors, it's very pretty where we live. But I miss my old apartment. Yes it was TINY, had only half a kitchen, and was on the 3rd floor. But we didn't have bees, we didn't have maintenance guys who promised things for months and never did them. It was close to everything, unlike here. Oh and rent was about 120 dollars cheaper.
I think I'm going to write an early letter to Santa and ask for 1000 dollars and a new place to move to.

3 Comments:

  • At 11:00 PM, Blogger Kelly said…

    Yellowjackets IN the apartment????
    I am such a wimp that I would for sure sleep IN my car.

     
  • At 2:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Don't shoot me. I love you. But please break your posts into paragraphs. My poor eyes need a little help! :)

     
  • At 12:19 PM, Blogger Kelly said…

    I'm trying to figure out how to format it to break up the paragraphs. Sorry for your eye pain.

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home