Sophie's Mom Has Got It Going On

The misadventures of Sophie, her mom, and dad.

Friday, September 22, 2006

I'm a slacker baby, so why don't you kill me?

Yup I'm a slacker, havent posted in what 2 weeks? Oh well, I can live with it, so you should be able to do the same. Needless to say, I've been kind of busy. You see, I have a car now...of my very own. No more trapped in the house with a veryunhappy 5 month old. We can get out and go for walks, rides, my mom's and gramda's, the mall...anywhere my gas tank will allow me. It's so wonderful.
Bailey had her tonsils out last Thursday. Poor kid, she was so brave and good through the whole thing. But Monday she has to go back to school though I think shethinks this is a legitimate reason for quitting school. Seriously, the child could really care less about school. We can only hope that changes soon because homework is an ordeal let me tell you.
So after bitching about Sophie and her non-sleeping schedule from hell, she decided to kind of go on her own schedule. Sometimes this works, sometimes it doesn't. She started taking a nap around 7 pm. Now I know a lot of parents have their kids in bed for the night at 7, but this is her last nap of the day. She usually sleeps til about 8 then MOST of the time will go back down at 9. Though last night she watched the last of ER with us. She was also sleeping until 8 or 9 am. Sometimes she wouldn't want to get up until 9:30. NICE. Well today it was 7:30 and that's because I couldn't get her to lie beside me and play for any longer. I'm sure left to her devices it would have been before 7 when she got up. But, we feel that we are making progress, however slowly. Now if we can jsut get her to nap during the day.
I will admit though that I didn't mind the early morning today. I'm taking my gramma to the market and Tim is off work early today so we have a LOT of payday things to do. Maybe everything can get accomplished before 6 pm for once. And maybe Sophie will nap a couple times during the day. And maybe I will hit the lottery, or at least hear about this job I interviewed for that went REALLY well, so then I can work part time in the evenings and get a Bath and Body Works discount. Maybe fairies will fly into my house with pots of gold too. Yeah, it's nice to dream.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home