Sophie's Mom Has Got It Going On

The misadventures of Sophie, her mom, and dad.

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Semi-productiveness is fun...

Well, I have 3 projects that have been started, none that have been finished. Yay me! I started to go through clothes that I no longer wear to get the clothes that I need in my closet. It's in progress. Sophie is outgrowing her clothes at an alarming rate. The kid has worn 0-3 size for so long and no 3-6 fits her perfectly but she looks more comfortable in 6-9 and even some 12 month clothes that I need to go through all her clothes (and my gawd there's a lot of them). So there are clothes all over the floor of her room that need going through. I don't feel so bad about this one because I know, basically, where the clothes that fit her are, and she doesn't sleep in her room anyway. The 3rd one? Not fun, and kind of gross. Last night I went on a diatribe about how I wished the last fish would die so we can tear the tank down until we move and get a stand for it so I can have my baker's rack back in the kitchen where it belongs. Today I deciced to help matters along my taking all of the hidey places the pleco likes so maybe he would run out of slime to eat. As I took out the little house he lives in, he floated to the top of the tank. Ah, the power of wishful thinking. So, the tank is mostly drained and everything is in my kitchen sink. This particular job turned out to be so gross I have decided Tim can finish it later.
Last night was interesting. It resulted in a meltdown from Sophie, followed by a meltdown by me to my mom. We are having sleep/nap issues in our house. Sophie turned 5 months old on Sunday and you would think we would have some kind of schedule. Pretty funny huh? The child who doesn't like to be held while eating also hates to nap. She gets so tired, we try to put her down, and it jsut does not work. So she usually ends up napping in her swing or the car while we are out. And these are NOT productive naps. Needless to say by the time bedtime rolls around things usually don't go so well. We watch her closely for signs that she is getting tired, then try and get her down then. Nope. An all out assualt on our ears and nerves begins. Screaming, crying, sobbing, the kid knows them all. Last night was the breaking point for me. As I rocked her screaming little body, unsuccessfully trying to get her to calm down, my tears began. My husband is usually very good about taking her before I get to this point, but last night he just looked on helplessly as I refused to give her over. I sat there rocking my cryign baby, fighting my tears back until she finally just stopped screaming and passed out from exhaustion. I kept holding her for about 10 minutes to make sure she was out, put her down in her bassinet, then grabbed my phone and went to call my mom. There are times when I need my mommy and last night was one of them.
We discussed getting her on a schedule. I have read so many things about how to do this, and when I try them, it NEVER works. REPEATEDLY. So, I need help. Not just for me and my sanity, but so Sophie can be better rested and happier too. Because a happy Sophie is a happy me, and we all know that is a good thing. Also a happy me means a happy Sophie because at 5 months she is great at picking up on my moods. I need so much help that I don't even know where to begin or what to do. Maybe, some other moms will read this, recognize some of their own battles and give me some advice that would be the cause of much greatfulness. Please, I'm begging you, if you are reading this and have any advice, leave me a note. I am seriously at the end of my rope with this and don't know what we are going to do. Thank you in advance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home